We are no longer taking enquiries for swimming lessons
Due to staff shortages, we are unfortunately unable to take any more swimming lesson enquiries either online or by phone for the rest of this year. We are aiming to take enquiries again in 2023. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and hope to see you in the new year.
- No joining fee.
- A swimming lesson membership provides the student with free access to the pool at any time. If the student is under 5 years old, 1 supervising adult is also provided with free access to the pool.
General return information:
- Please only arrive at the centre 5 minutes prior to your class time.
- Only one supervising adult should accompany each swimmer to their lesson.
- We ask that swimmers please come prepared by wearing bathers when they arrive.
- All members, guests and staff will be required to wear a mask & QR code upon entry.
- Please bring a filled water bottle, as the water fountain may not be available.
- Children must stay with their supervising adult until they are called to their class location for commencement. Swimming before or after lessons is not permitted at this time.
- If your child is unwell or has been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, please do not attend your scheduled class and contact the centre immediately.
Watch Around Water policy information
At YMCA Victoria we are a Watch Around Water endorsed aquatic safety organisation. The following information is the new watch around water policy launched in centre from 1 September 2019.
Watch Around Water is a set of industry guidelines outlining the minimum supervision requirements of young children at all affiliated aquatic venues.
Children under 5 years old
All children must be accompanied into the centre by a person over the age of 18 and supervised within arms’ reach, at all times in the water.
All children must wear a pink wristband supplied by YMCA staff to help identify their age while swimming.
Children will not be admitted without a full fee paying parent / guardian who must also be in the water at all times. Groups will not be admitted entry where the number of parents / guardians supervising a group of children under 5 years exceeds the ratio of 1:2 (effective September 1 2019).
Children under 12 years old
All children under the age of 12 must be accompanied into the centre by a person over the age of 18. All children MUST be actively supervised by an adult over the age of 18 at all times. The adult must have a clear and active view of the child with no physical or structural barriers between them (this includes tech and devices).
All children must wear a yellow wristband supplied by YMCA staff to help identify their age while swimming. Groups will not be admitted entry where the number of parents / guardians supervising a group of children under 12 years exceeds the ratio of 1:4.
All children under the age of 12 must be accompanied into the centre by a person over the age of 18 and handed over to the supervision of the birthday party leader (staff member).
For more information visit the Watch Around Water website.