Last updated: 08/09/2021
Swimming Lessons Program Restarting
We are excited to be planning the restart of our Swimming Lesson program at Carlton Baths from Monday 18th of October 2021.
The restart of Swimming Lessons will rely on the easing of restrictions in line with the Government recovery roadmap.
Our COVID-safe practices and revised lesson plans will ensure we can provide the safest program possible for our staff and swimmers.
We’ve taken some time to reshape our program timetable, ensuring our Swimming Lessons students are ready to achieve their best as we dive into warmer weather.
Swimming Lessons will now be offered on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday evening and Saturday morning.
If you’re a returning member, you will receive an email with details on how to rebook and return to Swimming Lessons at Carlton Baths.
If you’re a new member wanting to join us at Carlton Baths, please fill out the enquiry form on the relevant swimming lesson page and we will be in contact with you as soon as possible.
For more information, please contact us.
Swimming Lesson Dates
|Term 4, 2021||Term 1, 2022||Notes|
|Monday 18 October - Sunday 19 December 2021||Monday 31 January - Sunday 10 April 2022||Proposed dates are based on COVID restrictions.|
Swimming Lesson Prices
|$17.70||Fees are paid fortnightly by direct debit. No lock-in contracts. 14 days written notice is required for cancellation.|
- No joining fee.
- A swimming lesson membership provides the student with free access to the pool at any time. If the student is under 5 years old, 1 supervising adult is also provided with free access to the pool.
Summer Break: Monday 20 December - Sunday 30 January
- Option 1: Continue swimming lesson membership. Keep your membership payments active and the member will be permitted unlimited access to the pool over the summer break period.
- Option 2: Suspend swimming lesson membership (opt in required). Cease payments over this period. Pool entry fees will apply to each visit during the summer break period.
In the case of lockdowns or restrictions preventing Swimming Lessons to operate:
- Memberships will be placed on automatic suspension and no payments will be deducted while swimming lessons are not operating.
- Credits will be issued onto your account if the lockdown occurs mid-debit with the credit being applied to the next scheduled payment upon swimming lessons restarting.
- If swimming lessons are unable to continue due to COVID restrictions, your account will be credited with the refund amount.
General return information:
- Please only arrive at the centre 5 minutes prior to your class time.
- Only one supervising adult should accompany each swimmer to their lesson.
- We ask that swimmers please come prepared by wearing bathers when they arrive.
- All members, guests and staff will be required to wear a mask & QR code upon entry.
- Please bring a filled water bottle, as the water fountain may not be available.
- Children must stay with their supervising adult until they are called to their class location for commencement. Swimming before or after lessons is not permitted at this time.
- If your child is unwell or has been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, please do not attend your scheduled class and contact the centre immediately.
Watch Around Water Policy Information
At YMCA Victoria we are a Watch Around Water endorsed aquatic safety organisation. The following information is the new watch around water policy launched in centre from 1 September 2019.
Watch Around Water is a set of industry guidelines outlining the minimum supervision requirements of young children at all affiliated aquatic venues.
Children under 5 years old
All Children MUST be accompanied into the Centre by a person over the age of 18 and supervised within arms’ reach, at all times in the water.
All children MUST wear a pink wristband supplied by YMCA staff to help identify their age while swimming.
Children will not be admitted without a full fee paying parent/guardian who must also be in the water at all times. Groups will not be admitted entry where the number of parents/guardians supervising a group of children under 5 years exceeds the ratio of 1:2 (effective September 1 2019).
Children under 12 years old
All Children under the age of 12 MUST be accompanied into the Centre by a person over the age of 18. All children MUST be actively supervised by an adult over the age of 18 at all times. The adult must have a clear and active view of the child with no physical or structural barriers between them (this includes tech and devices).
All children MUST wear a yellow wristband supplied by YMCA staff to help identify their age while swimming. Groups will not be admitted entry where the number of parents/guardians supervising a group of children under 12 years exceeds the ratio of 1:4.
All children under the age of 12 MUST be accompanied into the Centre by a person over the age of 18 and handed over to the supervision of the birthday party leader (staff member).
Visit the watch around water website
For more information visit the Watch Around Water website.