We are no longer taking enquiries for swimming lessons
Due to staff shortages, we are unfortunately unable to take any more swimming lesson enquiries either online or by phone for the rest of this year. We are aiming to take enquiries again in 2023. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and hope to see you in the new year.
Introduce your child to water in a playful and secure environment. In the infant program, a parent or carer supports the baby or toddler in the pool. This helps build confidence and supports the child's learning process.
Children will learn to:
- be familiar with having water over their face and head
- control their breath and blow bubbles
- float, paddle and propel themselves.
Our swimming teachers
Our teachers hold nationally accredited swimming teacher and water safety certificates, and specialised qualifications for teaching infants. They have current CPR and first aid certificates, and have training in safeguarding children and young people.
|Level||Description||Parent/ carer assistance|
Swimming lessons information
Feel free to come into the centre and speak to one of our customer service officers, or call the centre to determine the right level for your child’s lessons. We also offer free, no obligation swimming assessments to determine which class is right for you (no assessment required for infant classes).
For more information, or to register your interest in swimming lessons, fill out in the enquiry form on this page (available when swimming lessons are in season) and one of our friendly customer service team will be in touch.
Fees are paid fortnightly by direct debit. No lock-in contracts. 14 days written notice are required to cancel.
Price per lesson Standard Rate $17.70
Program and safety requirements
Infant and Preschool lessons
- Babies must be at least 6 months old
- Children in nappies must wear aqua nappies that are tight fitting around the thighs (you can buy them in centre)
- Parents should bring bathers during the first few lessons, in case the child gets upset and needs support in the water
All child lessons
- Bring bathers, towel, goggles (recommended, not required for infant classes) and dry clothes
- Come to the edge of the pool at the start of the lesson and directly hand over your child to the teacher
- Watch the lesson
- Stay as close as possible to the lesson (for example, by sitting in the chairs around the pool)
- Come to the edge of the pool at the end of the lesson and collect your child
- Photos are only allowed in the pool area with prior arrangement (never in the change room area). See our FAQs page for more information.
To provide a safe environment for your child, parents/carers must stay in the pool with infants for the whole lesson.
Watch Around Water policy
Children under 12 must be supervised by an adult, and children younger than five require an adult within arm’s reach. All parents, guardians and carers must comply with our Watch Around Water policy.
Adults must be over the age of 17 to supervise children and can supervise a maximum of 2 children under 6 y.o. and 4 children ages from 6-12 y.o.